Monday, September 12, 2011

... pink holo comparison ...

Today I have a bit of a quick one for you that was requested at some stage in the past and as usual I totally  forgot about it. Firstly - how does Ozotic Pro 601 compare with Chemistry 601 and how do they both compare to Glitter Gal pink polishes. I'd seen swatches of Ozotic 601 and from there really wanted to get hold of it as it looked slightly different from Chemistry 601 but until I put them together I wasn't 100% sure

So here are the contenders ....
From left to right ... Glitter Gal Fuchsia, Chemistry 601, Ozotic 601, Glitter Gal Frappe

Just from the bottles you can see that the 601 polishes look identical. GG Fuchsia is close but there is more of a rainbow and Frappe is a lighter colour all together.
Again left to right  ... Glitter Gal Fuchsia, Chemistry 601, Ozotic Pro 601, Glitter Gal Frappe

These are 2 coats of each on the colour wheel and you'll notice that the Glitter Gal Fuchsia and Chemistry 601 are a similar shade of pink but the difference is that the Glitter Gal is a linear holo with that full rainbow appearing while the Chemistry is a scatter. Frappe is definitely a lot closer in colour to the Ozotic in this shot [although again one is linear one is scattered] - they aren't as similar as the Fuchsia and Chemistry though.
Left to right ... Chemistry 601, Ozotic 601, Chemistry 601, Ozotic 601

Pretty close but slightly different - the Ozotic is a lot more sheer than the Chemistry. This is 3 coats of Ozotic and 2 of Chemistry. Plus the Chemistry is noticeably darker and doesn't show the white dots of holo so much when they aren't out blinging in the sun.

** Final Verdict **
All up it's a hard call when you compare scattered and linear holos. I love Chemistry 601 and definitely prefer it over Ozotic 601 just because it is a brighter pink and doesn't have the white spots in the shade. Both the Glitter Gals are pretty nice but I'd definitely pick of Fuchsia just because Frappe is rather sheer.

9 comments:

  1. Great comp. Claire - I have Ozotic 601 in the old style bottle & think it might be different to this ozotic 601....could be wrong though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes great comp thanks Claire. Kristy I have both old bottle and new bottle of Ozotic 601, and yep they are both different too. And I'm guessing different to the Chemistry 601 too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty frustrating when polishes change from batch to batch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm I love pink holo, thank you for doing this conp <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reckon I need to get me some of those Ozotics! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all Holos =) the more the better...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the holos! Great comparisons!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments - they always make me feel loved :)

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews