Sunday, August 28, 2011

... nyc polish ...

Ooh ... it's a rare double post day. I saw this while in Woolworths this week for some reason at the end of the chocolate isle of all places. No not the toilet paper [although that is always an essential item!] but the box of NYC polishes. Oh dear - I can see 1 or 2 of them permanently escaping into my shopping trolley on a weekly basis.
Now I know that Ulta3 and NYC look the same in the bottles and I always thought they had the same names of colours ... obviously not. I haven't heard of any of these in this bin but some shades definitely look familiar. So Aussie chicks ... is this a new range or the old stuff with new names???? Google is letting me down on answers.

I did find a list of all the colours is available here at Crush Cosmetics though. I'll swatch the ones I've picked up this week in the near future.

14 comments:

  1. I have no idea but they popped up at my local woolies too

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh! Interesting! I haven't been to my local woolies to do any shopping lately! I may have to just pop in! This can't be a good thing. My poor purse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe this must be an Australia-wide thing cos we got them too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it's not just me finding these. I've already ended up with 5 at home from visiting Woolies [argh!]

    I'm still assuming they are new colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh baby! I'll have to keep an eye out next time I'm at Woolies. I've only ever seen NYC at 7 Elevens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @olgiepolgie - go for it! Hopefully your local Woolies has some. I dunno about the other girls but mine was nowhere near the makeup section but was easily spotted at the front of the store!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always thought NYC were Ulta3 too. That's it, I'm switching from Coles to Woolies today!! Are they the ones that have the city scape printed on the bottle? If so, they are definitely new.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup - these have a lovely NYC silhouette going on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Didn't know there were still Woolworth's in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww... your bin of NYC colors looks a lot fuller than the bin that greeted me. I was way to excited to see the bin of nail polish, that I did not notice the police holding a guy down on the floor about 10cm away from the bin. *haha*

    I have heard in the past that ulta 3 & NYC have the same colours they just go under different names. I may have actually brought a dupe on the weekend, will have to check later, as I should be sleeping. :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why not at my Woolies :( I was there last night and nothing :(:(:(:(:(

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Cat :( Noooooooo. Hopefully they'll get it in soon for you

    ReplyDelete
  13. NYC and Ulta3 are made by the same people, check the bottles info! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Kate :) I did know that but in the past I've always picked up NYC bottles that have the same name/shade as Ulta3 while these are totally different and don't seem to appear as Ulta3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments - they always make me feel loved :)

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews